Welcome Guest | RSS

Main | M484GCS V8.1 Release Notes - Forum | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » Announcements » Development News » M484GCS V8.1 Release Notes
M484GCS V8.1 Release Notes
Master484Date: Friday, 2014-01-17, 5:37 PM | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VERSION 8.1

Released in January 2014.

###########################
ADDITIONS and IMPROVEMENTS:

- Screen Update method has been reverted back to normal "FLIP".
    So all "VWait : Flip False" - command pairs have been changed back to "Flip":
    "VWait : Flip False"          ---->  Flip
    "VWait : FlipCanvas Canvas,0" ---->  FlipCanvas Canvas

This was done because a strange "frame skip" problem was encountered on one laptop PC.
    (a standard Intel i5+Nvidia+4GB RAM+Win7).
    The graphics often seemed to "jump forwards", as if randomly some frames would have been skipped.
    The exact reason for this phenomenon is unknown, but it was clearly linked to "VWait:Flip False"
    which was introduced at Version 8.0...previous program versions that used normal Flip worked OK.

So, I decided to return to the normal "Flip" method.
    The only reason I started to use "VWait : Flip False" in the first place was to avoid
    some "screen tear" effects that I had occasionally seen happening on my own PC display,
    but now it seems that it didn't help much on this issue either.
    So, back we go to the good old normal "Flip". :)

BUGS FIXED:

- FIXED:
  A major bug in the Object Transforms routine.
  Every Object deletion caused a -1 "decrease" in the routine counter, which caused the
  transform handling to be skipped for those Objects that were located "last" in the object
  queue. But this skipping only happened during that exact frame, so those transforms that
  were skipped simply just transformed one frame later, and so this bug went unnoticed until now.
  In fact I only noticed this because the Animation End Action "Delete" sometimes caused
  a flashing "EMPTY" image to appear; this was caused by these occasional delays in the
  "Delete Transforms", the object was not deleted at the end of the animation, and so it
  progressed into the next animation frame, which didn't exist, and so an "EMPTY" image was shown.

- FIXED:
  "Gun Locations" caused problems with some scripts, causing created shots to have "broken scripts"
  (continuous up-left movement, as if going to a target XY that is outside the screen area)...
  This happened at least with "goto PL XY", but I think all "goto XY"-type scripts were affected.

- FIXED:
  Player controls stopped responding in Test Room if you went there right after editing
  a "Cutscene"-type Level in the Map Editor. Also the "Shell Extras" editor caused this issue.

- FIXED:
  Margin Scroll caused Object and Tile misplacement during the "next screen" creation,
  if margin scroll happened during the same frame the next screen was created.

- FIXED:
  Script inheritance was half broken; when an object Transformed, the current script was
  always automatically inherited, and the "inherit script YES-NO flag" had no real effect.
  But now I have fixed this, and everything seems to work OK.
  So from now on no scripts are inherited during Transforms,
  unless the corresponding flag is set to "YES" in the control table at Data Page 5.

- FIXED:
  Also "Animation Inherit" transform flag didn't work.

- FIXED:
  In some cases "Out Of Ammo Transforms" didn't activate when objects ammo reached "0".
  These cases were: 1. The "Shoots When Hit" trigger 2. The Script "Shoot" 3. If shooter was "Player"

- FIXED:
  Fixed 2 broblems with the script "Goto Current Dir"/"Move To Current Dir":
  "Movement Delay" didn't work with it and also this script didn't activate
  if it was set as a "starting script" for Level Objects.

- FIXED:
  "Movement Delay", "Animation Delay" and "Shot Delay" didn't have any effect if
  the Delay was set to "1"; Delay "1" was the same as Delay "0". But now it works as intented.

- FIXED:
  In "Test Room" the menu item "Object Start Direction" had no effect.

Forum » Announcements » Development News » M484GCS V8.1 Release Notes
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright M484 Games © 2017